Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Playing Dolls

I loved dolls when I was little. The only reason I got into Barbie dolls, was not for the story line of Barbie loving Ken, but all the great outfits she came with. My Mom kept her childhood doll under bed and I was under strict orders to not touch it. I was an obedient child, for the most part, but the lure of this doll was more than I could stand. I remember the clear plastic case that held not only the doll, but the numerous outfits my Mom had to go with her.

I have two girls. My Dad says they're my human baby dolls. I love dressing them, and they, in return, love getting dressed. I shop a lot on eBay and have drooled for years over what they call "resale/custom" outfits but would choke on the prices these sets would go for. Immediately after learning how to sew, I searched eBay for some ideas of items I could make. I landed on a dress, going for $40, a simple t-shirt dress. Unbelievable. I went out the next day, bought 2 pink t-shirts from Target, some fabric from Joann's and whipped together matching dresses for my girls for $7 per dress! It was a great way to learn the basics of sewing, to make little mistakes that I thank goodness could be fixed with a little fray-check!

Here's my sweet 2 yr old Rosemary modeling her new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment